Tuesday 25 January 2011

Audacity Workshop

Today I was introduced to the audacity programme lead by Peter Appleton. The first meeting was to basically gain some knowledge on the software, although I'm sure after a little practice I will become much more aware of how to use the tools. We began by downloading the software to my computer, then after converting the audio files to the correct format, I transferred all of the sounds that I recorded previously onto the programme. These were all of good sound quality and so will be easier to work with when putting the piece together. I would say that the audacity programme is the ideal software to be using as I simply want to edit, cut, and alter how the recordings play together as a whole. I am not too sure of the order or sequence I want these sounds to play at the minute but I will have a draft of my sound piece put together ready for the second Audacity Workshop which is taking place next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment