Thursday 18 November 2010

Presentation

Continuing to experiment with  the presentation of my works; I began to think more so about my balls of photography and the space in which they would stand if taken further. Weather standing alone or as a group, I like the idea of them been presented as a singular piece, so that attention isn't taken away from the information that I have decided to share alongside the delicate form of the images.

 The wrapping of my photographs became a majour part of these works...almost a way of hiding/ covering up the reality.
In this particular piece I decided to leave a few of the strips lose; giving the look of a ball of wool which has been left to roll. I like this resemblance and think it works well as a study and to represent the whole meaning of the idea...letting go almost....admitting.

This piece would be presented alone, in a large space on the floor. Creating more of an involvment with the viewer as they would have to lean down and walk around the piece to focus on the images and the selection of words which I have applied on the lose strips using lettered stamps and black ink.

I definitely think that the text works well with the images, just like past development studies; giving more of a suggestion as to what the works represent; but still giving them the chance to make there own interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment