Tuesday 9 November 2010

Body Manikin and text

Before attempting my body casting again, I decided on using a female manikin which focuses from the neck to the thighs; as this is the part of my body I am going to cast. At first I emulsion printed my photographs onto the surface of the body but the images didn’t transfer because of the glossy surface.
And so I decided on using my list of words in which I have used throughout my development to cover the manikin. To do this, I cut out selected letters and words from newspapers, purposely using odd shapes and sizes and arranged them in order across the body.  I like the overall look of this, the black and white and combining the chaotic with order; it has a more obvious approach to the subject matter but also isn’t as personal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment