Tuesday 2 November 2010

Balls of photography

Inspired by Sachiko Abe with 'Cut Paper', I began using a similar cutting motion to my grids of photographs. The repetative process of the cutting almost became the work itself, I found it quite medatative and in a way felt a sense of control doing it. I then began to roll up the strips of paper into ball like shapes, being suggestive but still hiding the images almost.
This idea represents how easy a problem can be easily ignored/ thrown away (like a scrumpled up piece of paper in which these ball like shapes look familiar to).

If this idea was to be taken further, the balls of photographs would be much larger and there would be much more of them...taking up a corner of a room maybe, which I think would give a stronger outcome to the idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment