Tuesday 9 November 2010

Continuation

Alongside experimenting with different ideas, I continued with my balls of photography. I think these alone stand really well as an instillation which at this point I can picture in a gallery space. I am also enjoying the process of making them; it’s become part of the work itself. Taking the idea further I decided to make the balls much larger, I also cut the strips of photography thicker so that the images can be seen a little more clearly...still being suggestive instead of obvious.
I like how the viewer will have to come much closer to the work, focusing on each strip of imagery to come to there conclusion of what the piece represents.

Alongside setting the balls up in a white backgroud as an installation almost (above), I quite liked the look of the objects on my desk as I made them; surrounded by the paper, scrissors and strips....almost showing the process.

Again, if this idea was taken further, I would make alot more of these to be presented together....How, i'm not to sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment