Thursday 28 April 2011

The end of the Chapter...For Now

Taking the 2000 strips down from the ceiling of the room was probably the most depressing yet rewarding process of this projects events so far. I would have liked the exhibition to have continued for a while longer so that more people could have had the chance to see the work but also because I have spent soo much time and effort on the development of the project and the final piece. It has also been a big experience in my life and with the work being personal; emotions towards the work is stronger. And so taking the work down seemed like the end of this projects subject matter....however it isn't, although I am more aware  and through working on this project, it has definitely helped me to move on and 'try' to get over the situation with time.
This project could most definitely be taken further and continued in my third year on the Fine Art Course; wether I will do this is a different matter...at the minute, the thought of cutting and hanging any more paper makes me want to run; and so I will see what aspects come to happen in my life throughout the summer period before deciding on my next project base line.

No comments:

Post a Comment