Tuesday 26 April 2011

A Brief Insight

On the door of the room my work is going to be exhibited in is a brief description I have wrote for the viewer to read before entering the room; giving an insight into the piece without telling too much so their own judgement can still be made.
______________________________________

Natasha Fewlass

Me, Myself and Mind’
Room Installation
4.26min edited sound recording

This piece is based on myself, control and the struggle between wanting and letting. Using paper and text as the main resource with the addition of sound; the cutting process is a symbol expressing the repetitive system, insecurities and over excessive management of my daily routine...admitting yet still hiding. I have repeated the process of cutting 2000 sheets of paper into singular strips containing the written words that are repeated uncontrollably in my mind daily. These strips are hung individually, taking over the space of the room inviting and leading you, the viewer into the piece. The purpose of the work is to intentionally give a sense of claustrophobia and an insight into my life and mind; whilst allowing the viewer to interpret the meaning of the piece rather than being told.

No comments:

Post a Comment