Thursday 3 March 2011

Thursday 3rd March

I cant say I wasn't disappointed to find only three members of our group had turned up at the meeting today, alongside no other design Ideas for the advertisement leaflets; as I just want to get everything set up and sorted. It's beginning to become clear that many of the group members are not particularly bothered about the exhibition and the planning towards it been a success which is quite frustrating as I and a few others have been really looking forward to the show; which I think definitely has potential.

And so again, nothing much was discussed, although we decided on having the exhibition title as 'Self- Reflection' as a one word name, instead of 'Art & Self- Reflection', I personally think the word 'Art' in front works much better; giving more of an insight into the show being an art exhibition reflecting Self awareness, but more agreed towards Self Reflection standing alone as it was said to appear more 'arty' as a one word title...to be fair, I am happy either way as I think they both work well. We also discussed my proposal for the poster and leaflet design, and after the addition of different opinions and points of view on the matter, we agreed that there was a little too much going on and didn't particularly look artistic as it was a little too neat. Although we agreed that it should be black and white. For a little inspiration, we browsed on line at examples of exhibition advertisements and came across one in which we have decided to use as a base idea. It’s simple in design, layout and colour but seems to work perfectly...and quite professional looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment