Wednesday 2 March 2011

Routes Into Teaching

The presentation given to us today on the routes into teaching most definitely gave me a better insight and understanding of the various routes into a teaching profession. I wasn’t actually aware of the whole process of beginning and applying for one of the many different courses which are available before the start of a career; and although I am glad that I am now more familiar after the information given, I would have to say the thought of the development is quite daunting. I personally am aiming towards teaching students from secondary school and higher education, preferably college level. Although I love been around children and teaching in that environment, I much prefer the thought of teaching older students that also want a career in art; who I can form a relationship with, helping and advising them individually to achieve what they aim for in life.

There are many courses for different sectors of teaching jobs, which is a little confusing. As I am aware I would apply for the ‘PGCE’ Programme, although I would research into this further before doing so. After the brief explanation, I have come to realise that there is a lot to endure before becoming a qualified teacher; as stated, alongside many other factors, the most important aspect of the application process is relevant work experience. I have worked in many different environments in the past, mostly part time whilst studying and also a little experience in volunteer work; although none of these had a teaching or artistic role. On knowing this I am definitely going to get myself started on some form of teaching experience; and with the useful links and contacts given to us by the programme leader, hopefully the route will be much easier and faster enabling me to start a position ready for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment