Thursday 3 March 2011

Art & Self Reflection

Before the group meeting planned for this afternoon, I put together a design idea for the poster and leaflets to advertise the exhibition using Microsoft Publisher, ready to show the group. As I am aware a few of the other members of the group are going to design a template also and so our different Ideas can be altered to suit everyones opinions. Alongside the layout of the poster, with text and imagery, I would say that colour is a main aspect of the design as it is that which captures the attention of the viewer. I originally wanted to use bright colors combined with scuttle
shades but I found that it looked a little tacky and childlike and so I selected shades which I think catches the attention without doing that....these can easily be changed. However I also like the idea of the poster been much simpler, and so I transferred the design to black and white which I found works really well, looking a little more professional. I am not to sure which one I prefer, but I’m sure the group discussion and the addition of their mixed opinions will help us decide upon something.

No comments:

Post a Comment