Thursday 24 March 2011

Assessment Point Two (Practice and Publication)

I am feeling positive after my Assessment with Peter this morning, although I was disappointed to hear that Miguel wasn't able to attend as I enjoy hearing the different opinions and responses to my ideas alongside those from the students in the group. Although Peter mentioned that he will discuss our more recent proposals with Miguel and his input will be still contributed to our marking; as he is aware of what the majority of us are doing. In the Assessment I read to the group the notes I put together the day before which included all of my recent progress and ideas; I did this purposely so that I wouldn't forget to explain any part of my ongoing and still developing project alongside the information on the upcoming exhibition. This worked well for me as I felt more confident talking about the work and my ideas, Peter also stated that he was very pleased that I had gone into detail explaining all aspects of my work and that he was very glad that I have thought and planned everything ahead so that I am aware of each step I will be taking and things I will be doing before the 26th April.

I also decided upon putting up a small number of my many text strips in a small area of the room were our Assessments took place. I did this as I felt I needed to show something whilst talking about my recently added idea of using spot lights along the pathway of my installation as a way of incorporating light in a minimal way into the room. However because of the many windows, the room was naturally light and so the effects of the light shining up the strips couldn't be seen but my proposal seemed clear as I explained how it would look which seemed good enough at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment