Friday 11 February 2011

Friday 11th February

Again we met up as a group with Peter to discuss the progress of our plans and Individual works. The Student Union is still our first option at the minute and plans and ideas for the space are looking good although we are still waiting on an agreement to the dates we suggested on holding the three day exhibition.

My work itself is still progressing, I am continuing with the process of the cutting of my text strips, keeping them in large plastic bags untill the set up of my work will be taking place. I also recently decided on incorporating the black and white grids of photography of myself from previous development to cut into individual strips alongside the others. And so today I printed off 300 copies of these to begin cutting, although I will be using much more as the room is a little bigger than I originally thought.
My sound piece is also complete, although now I need to figure out how I am going to play the piece in the room without speakers or wires been to visible or the sound been to quiet. I will be transferring the media to some kind of hardrive or a disc but either way I will have to buy the suitable equipment. Ideally I would like some kind of surround sound so it's not coming from just one part of the room, using seperate speakers, Otherwise I would most probably use a small CD player or device; hiding it in the corner of the room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment