Thursday 28 October 2010

Symbolism

I came about using symbolism as a way of being suggestive with my images and text, and one of the words I have used alot in my development is 'Vicious Cycle' and so instead of the typical rectangular basis of previous works, I created them as a circle and rings of images and text.

'Vicious Cycle' carved out

A ring of the black and white photographs with the word 'CONTROL' repeated around the edge in black transfer lettering.

Two rings of my black and white photographs linked, representing connection.
Along with 'Vicious Cycle' repeated in transfer lettering around the edge of the first ring and 'FEAR' repeated in pencil stencilling around the second ring.

The text 'Vicious Cycle' in this study is created using the black and white photographs

No comments:

Post a Comment