Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Bluecoat

To gain experience I decided to contact The Bloacoat 'creative hub' for possible work experience volunteer placements throughout the summer period. Hannah Fray (a member of the team) seemed eager to hear from me and a meeting was arranged for today. Upon arrival I was instantly intreigued by what the school had to offer and straight away got talking about what type of work I was hoping for, my interests and my availability but as I will be working full time over the summer I am just wanting the one shift a week; giving me that bit of experience whilst boosting my CV after graduating next year. Hannah Fray works mainly in the Print Making area of the building, teaching a mixed array of classes that The Bloacoat has to offer for the public. The volunteer position I was offered was also a teaching role, I would be a print making technition, working in all areas of print making, specifically with the public; were I will be teaching and helping them with works that they are wanting to make and to basically guide them through the equipment thats available. I would also be managing the equipment, keeping check of the stock, making orders and basically keeping order in the classes and the rooms. I can also develop my own work whilst on duty which is definitely a bonus; giving me further experience.
This position would take place once a week every Monday, which is ideal for me and so I was more than happy to accept the placement and am more than eager to start. My first day will be in the next few weeks after I have had a health and safety check and an introduction to the techniques, materials and all equipment; which is taking place next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment