Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dissertation

The thought of writing my dissertation for my upcoming third year is definitely nerve racking; I am far from confident and honestly have no idea where to even begin. As explained in my dissertation proposal I will be basing my essay on 'feminism' as it is the one area that interests me the most in art, linking to most of my own work. However I still need to narrow this subject down to a main focus point and argument to write about and base my writing on as the subject area is far to broad. Therefore today I started my research in the library; searching for books, journals and essays on all aspects of feminism to read through and take notes. The amount of different books available was definitely helpful although it will take longer than one day for me to scan through these and decide on my main interest, therefore I will spent the rest of this week reading through the collection of books I have taken out of the library and hopefully gradually become more confident to begin my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment